Griffin Twenty – this is how audio is meant to be heard
Want better sound from those old speakers? It might not be the speakers that are at fault. Chances are, hooking them up to the new Griffin Twenty Digital Audio Amplifier is just what the doctor ordered.
With 20 watts per channel, the Twenty can push most any speaker you’ve got sitting around on your shelf or even those relegated to the attic. I know – I’ve got a pair of big old Bose speakers that got pushed out of the way when Bluetooth came along.
My newer speakers were smaller and wireless – what could be better? Well, lot’s actually. With a couple pieces of decent speaker wire and the Griffin Twenty – I can now enjoy Bluetooth audio, but with some really robust speakers. Set in the corners of my office, the sound is just like the old days.
In addition to the Bluetooth input, there’s also an optical in for the best sound available from Apple TV, your home theater, gaming console, etc.
And speaking of the old days, Twenty uses a large weighted aluminum wheel on the top for volume control. That was something else I missed when audio went digital. This analog wheel can be set exactly where you want the volume level to be. You don’t have to decide on too low at “5” or too loud at “6”. Who dreamed up that idea anyhow???
With really clean Bluetooth audio, the Griffin Twenty lets you enjoy your audio like it was meant to be heard. It will work with either iOS or Android devices. As a matter of fact – it will work with two devices operated in tandem. Stop one device and immediately start the next. The Twenty can already be paired with both.
- Class D Stereo Amplifier: TI PurePath™
- Input: S/PDIF optical, TOSLINK connector and 3.5 mm adapter (included)
- Outputs: left & right channel connectors; RCA subwoofer connector
- Sensitivity: -9.4 dBFS for 20 watts (volume control set to max)
- AC Power: 100 to 240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
- Bluetooth Wireless Audio
- Bluetooth Specification Version: Bluetooth v3.0 + EDR
- Output Format: S/PDIF digital stream
- Supported Digital Audio Codecs: AAC, aptX
- Range: 10 meters
- Speaker Output
- Power: 20 watts per channel into 8 ohms @ 0.08% THD, both channels driven
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, +0, -0.34 dB
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 95 dB
- Crosstalk: -71 dB
- Subwoofer Output
- Auto-switching when powered subwoofer is detected
- Output Level: line-level output (1 V RMS nominal; 2 V RMS max.)
- High-pass filter: 80 Hz 4TH order Linkwitz-Riley applied to L+R channels
- Low-pass filter: 80 Hz 4TH order Linkwitz-Riley applied to subwoofer output