I’ve been using the DKnight Big Magicbox for the past three weeks now and have to say I’m impressed. Easy to grip, stays in place on any horizontal surface and easy to stow in my backpack, this is making the rounds with me now.
It pairs quickly with either my laptop or cellphone and has streamed countless hours of Amazon playlists in the last few weeks. Plenty loud, I’ve cranked this up and was able to hear it throughout my almost 2,000 square foot house. That’s plenty of volume. }}}}
The manufacturer rates the battery to be 4,000mAh which they claim will last 12 hours. I’ve never had occasion to play mine that long without recharging, but I’ve come close to eight hours with no problem. One disadvantage, there’s no series of LED’s to show the remaining life.
The design of the speaker has the bass coming out of one end of the cylinder, so you probably aren’t going to want to stand it on end like many of the pictures show.
I’ve heard of reports of limited battery life, but I can only suppose those were early release models. So far, mine is performing fine and is a pleasure to use. Setting up my office on the back deck, this thing plays all day while I enjoy working unplugged from an inside space.
Product specs from their website:
- Stunning Stereo Sound. Implemented with 20W total acoustic drivers and advanced bass enhancement technology. In the same price range, the Big MagicBox is the most competitive speaker in the market that is offering exceptional sound quality.
- Built-in 4000mA Rechargeable Battery for up to 12 hours of playtime. Built-in microphone for hands-free speaker phone calling Easy to pair – No code/pin needed.
- Equipped with the advanced Bluetooth 4.0 technology, compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices (Bluetooth V2.1 and over). Plays all Audio devices through 3.5mm Aux in Jack.
- Fashion & portable design with compact Size. Easily to carry with, only 15 ounces.
- Two highly powerful 52mm total 20W acoustic drivers and ultra-small size produce a wide audio spectrum. The dedicated bass port could provide strong bass without distortion even at highest volume.
Disclosure: We were provided with a Big Magicbox by DKnightLLC so that we could evaluate it for this review.